Monday 12 July 2010

First Day In The Office In Lilongwe

So Day 1 at work in Lilongwe - no time for Monday morning blues as its straight into meetings and discussions with client staff.  

This picture shows the office I'm working at - it's centrally located in the city centre, and we are using a table in the office of the General Manager of the client organisation.  I've got access to the internet for emails, and so far things are going well.

The apprentice consultant who is working with me on the project arrived on Sunday and he is now ensconced with the client's finance team to get to grips with the business plan's financial model, and will eventually be undertaking some sensitivity analysis on the numbers.

We take a few minutes out at lunchtime to grab something to eat from a Lebanese-owned petrol station and mini-market.  I have a chicken somosa and a ham & salad roll (it is now striking me that all I ever talk about in these blog posts is food - I'll make more effort to vary the diet [oh, dammit]).

No comments:

Post a Comment