Thursday 10 June 2010

Well - today I had to go to work!

This was my first day at work.  We left the house at around 07.45 to drive to the office.  I was immediately plunged in to a whirlwind of introductions to the Business Consult Africa team, as well as the other guys in the office (such as the apprentice consultants, Henry the owner of BCA, and many many others), before I attended a 3 hour progress review meeting with the client on a project I'll be taking over from Rick who is leaving for the UK next week.  It's a really interesting project, but there's a lot to get my teeth into.

We went for lunch at a local shopping mall where I had the highly-recommended chicken kebab - it came with rice and chips and a few token veg, but was huge, so I couldn't eat it all.  Rick, Sharife and I then went to the supermarket to stock up on beverages for the World Cup weekend ahead.  Then it was back to the office for a meeting with a prospective client to outline the scope of the project and to provide him with the information necessary to allow him to commit or otherwise.  Again, this might turn out to be another project that I'll be taking on, so we'll wait to hear back in a week or so.  Tomorrow I'll get my phone, and access to the shared drive so I'll be able to go through the templates and documentation.

I'll be having a more extensive handover with Rick over the weekend (in between football matches), and we picked up a load of flesh for a BBQ to hail the World Cup that starts tomorrow.  There'll be around 16 people here for that.

But first there's a team meeting in the office at 8am in the morning, so no rest for the wicked.

I'll try and grab some pictures of the office tomorrow and will post them as soon as I can.

1 comment:

  1. wow Andy the blog is so good we felt we were
    on the journey with you, look forward to tomorrow all good here. love june ken paul

    ReplyDelete